woensdag 9 november 2011

Saturnight

With pain in his heart, Adras let Garyl go. Her thoughts were almost written on her forehead and again he felt sorry for her. And for himself.
Was it fair of him to bit her? No. But somehow yes. 
He had been alone too, those four years. No one to share his deepest feelings with, no one really understood, not even the six other wolves. 
And although Garyl claimed that he wasn't there for her, he knew that that wasn't true. He'd always kept his eyes on her. Now he just wished that he could take it all back. But he couldn't. And that was something he had to live with.
With his hands in his pocket he slowly walked back. Since a couple of month his view on Garyl has changed. And now he had screwed it up. 
Garyl wanted to become a wolf so badly, it was almost frightening. Adras doubted his actions now, maybe she wasn't meant to be. If she wouldn't change, she could turn into a problem, into something very dangerous. And if so, it was his duty to stop her, a duty he wasn't sure about having the ability to fulfilling it.
He decided to go to her. Perhaps they could talk a bit more. Maybe he could even explain his loneliness to Garyl. 
His feet went faster and before he reached her house, he already knew something was wrong. There was no trace of her scent. He frowned and walked back, until he caught her scent again and followed it though alleys, lanes and many streets. 
"Why won't you leave me alone?" 
Her voice came from above and while he looked up, she jumped down. 
"I mean it, Adras. You've done enough!" Her dark eyes sparkled.
"I just wanted... I'm sorry, Garyl. I thought..."
"I don't care!"
His shoulders hung and for a couple of seconds he couldn't bare to look at her.
"Garyl, just..."
"Adras. You're not my brother. Don't pretend to care!"
"But I do care!" He yelled back, his hands became fists and Adras' eyes fixed on hers.
"I wanted us to be on the same line again, like we always were. That we could share everything again. That we were the same."
Garyl fell silent and uncertainly looked up at him.
"I know I was being selfish doing so, but you were lonely, and so was I, and..."
"It can never be the same, Adras. Never."
Her words, almost whispers came to him like punches.
And he had to watch her leave again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten